Facilan™ Ortho 750 gram
Facilan™ Ortho is a high-performance 3D printing filament developed specifically for orthotics applications.
Facilan™ Ortho can also be used in soft braces, corrective braces, shoe soles and other similar applications. We've developed this material in concert with orthotics producers, orthotics fitters and people who wear orthotics in order to develop the perfect filament for 3D printing orthotics.
- Facilan™ Ortho is a polyester that is semi-crystalline leading to a clean white final appearance.
- The density of Facilan™ Ortho is around 1.2kg/cm 3 and it has exceptional mechanical properties.
- Facilan™ Ortho melts around 60°C which makes it a safe thermoplastic to print.
- With a glass transition temperature of -60°C the product is extremely flexible and tough.
- Facilan™ Ortho is a high-quality biodegradable plastic based on a thermoplastic fulfilling compostability according to EN13432.
- The unique properties of Facilan™ mean that it has excellent adhesion to textiles. This means that 3D printed parts can be combined easily with or bonded to textile inserts, midsoles or other brace or shoe parts.
- Due to the low melting point of Facilan™ Ortho, it can be re-shaped after 3D printing with 55 °C water.
Facilan™ Ortho Material Properties
- Density: 1.1 g/cm³
- Tensile Strength: 45 MPa
- Elongation at Yield: 15 %
- Tensile Modulus: 350 MPa
- IZOD Impact Strength (notched): 8 kJ/m2
- Shore D Hardness: 46
- Heat Deflection Temperature (0,45 MPa): 57 °C
- Print Temperature: 130°C (130 to 170°C)
- Bed Temperature: 30-45°C
- Adhesion: Ultimaker Adhesion sheets, Avery Mailing labels L7567-25, PEI Sheets
- Print Speed: 10mm/s (10 - 30 mm/s)
- Mass flow: 120 %
- Fan Speed: 100%
- Note: Add M302 S120 into the beginning of the g-code to allow cold extrusion, below 170°C
- Extra: Minimum Layer Time considerably +/- 60 sec minimum, highly dependent of model size and complexity and enabled Lift Head.
You can download the Technical Data Sheet for Facilan™ Ortho here.
You can download the Material Safety Data Sheets for Facilan™ Ortho here:
*The previous name of this product was PCL99
Payment & Security
Your payment information is processed securely. We do not store credit card details nor have access to your credit card information.